Her beauty brand Adowa Beauty was born out of her frustration with her clients in the natural hair industry. As she gave them strategies to increase their reach, they seemed hesitant to the implement them although she had already proven she could get results. Enter Adowa Beauty, a socially conscious lifestyle and beauty brand that caters to natural haired people.
Go off script with us as Julian gives us the details behind how she found a lab, developed the formula for her products, bootstrapped her company when no one would give her a loan and finally grew a large following for her brand.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Mentioned in this episode
- As an e-commerce brand, be sure you include shipping costs in the price of your products.
- When creating a new product, factor in the product development lead time. It could take years!
- Think about which retail shelves your product will sit on when you launch your product. This will give your lab a better idea of the quality of ingredients to use in your products.
- As a new company, it’s important to invest in good marketing.
- When posting on social media, be mindful of intellectual property issues when using content generated outside your company.
- When you first launch, control your distribution, know who your customer is and how they are using your product.
If you’re looking for a community of supportive women who are looking to Go Off Script with their careers, lifestyles and businesses join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShesOffScriptCommunity