Victory Jones and Tori Elizabeth never understood why there was such a divide in the way people were portrayed in the media depending on the color of their skin. While shut in during a New York snowstorm, they spent hours putting together the pieces of what would become their first campaign. Their debut campaign showcased a beautiful woman with different skin tones, ages, body types, hair types an and skin color in a haute couture spread.
Since then, they have created a forum for discussions both online and behind closed doors with executives who have reached out for with help fine-tuning their approach when it comes to marketing to people of color.
Go off script with us as these co-founders share how they built a movement that launched their creative agency.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Mentioned in this episode:
- Your success is defined more by what you say no than what you say yes to.
- Focus on the intersection of your strengths and what people tend to ask of you
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to people you admire…even on social media to ask for help
- Having a co-founder requires constant hard work on the relationship
- The only way you can get ready is by doing. It’s better to take imperfect action than no action at all.
If you’re looking for a community of supportive women who are looking to Go Off Script with their careers, lifestyles and businesses join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShesOffScriptCommunity
Thank you so much for supporting our podcast. Don’t forget to rate, subscribe and continue sharing us with your friends and families.