In today’s episode, we meet Dominique Fluker. About a year ago, I started seeing Forbes articles with her byline. Her articles covered some amazing milennial women of color and I started following her. Dominique is a true example of someone who is grinding with purpose!
She signed her contract as a contributor with Forbes in January of 2018 and by August, she had already been promoted to Senior Contributor. Most recently, she has interviewed the likes of Serena Williams, Taraji P. Henson, and Elaine Welteroth to name a few. What I love most about Dominique is that Forbes is her SIDE HUSTLE!
During our conversation, we talked about how she balances her day job with her side hustle, how aspiring writers can approach editors as well as how business owners and brands can get featured by media outlets like Forbes.
Go off script with us as Dominique shares how she balances her highly visible side hustles with Forbes, Essence and Mayvenn Hair.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
You’ll learn about:
- How to balance your 9-5 with a side hustle
- Things every business owner should do before seeking press
- Positioning yourself for a career as a writer
- Balance and self-care
Mentioned in this episode:
- We want to share YOUR Off Script moments on the podcast and hear where your off script journey has taken you. Whether you’ve changed careers, ended a relationship, started a new business, moved countries, or significantly changed your mindset, we would love to share your story. If you would like to be featured as the Off Script listener of the week, send me your story at email@example.com
- If you’re looking for a community of supportive women who are looking to Go Off Script with their careers, lifestyles and businesses join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShesOffScriptCommunity
Thank you so much for listening!